Tue, May 6 2014, 12:00PM
Ever wonder how Black Girls Code raised $110K+ to support their programming in 10 cities in summer of 2013? How Kite Patch found 11,000+ contributors to support their work making people invisible to mosquitoes? How the Parkinson’s Institute engaged multi-generations of donors to raise over $500K?
Join Indiegogo Cause Director Bre DiGiammarino to find out why these organizations selected to use crowdfunding, and how they applied best practices in order to succeed. Come prepared to think through the value crowdfunding could provide to your organization. Leave prepared to run a super-charged campaign for impact.
Wed, May 7 2014, 10:00AM
When P.T. Barnum said: “there’s no such thing as bad publicity,” he was talking about circuses, not nonprofits. Negative publicity can have a chilling effect on donations to a nonprofit! To keep your donations flowing, I’ll tell you what to look for in finance to avoid trouble and bad publicity for your organization. This webinar requires no previous financial knowledge.
- Policies and Procedures
- IRS Form 990
- Legal Requirements
- and more
Wed, May 7 2014, 12:00PM
Does your board refuse to accept their fundraising responsibility? Are they willing but not educated/trained in fundraising? Does the board lack enthusiasm for fundraising? Have you wondered if it is time for an extreme makeover of your board?
If so, this webinar is for you. In this session, we will discuss the role the board plays on the development team; how to involve them in the fundraising process; how to assure that they will enthusiastically get involved with the fundraising efforts of your organization.
- List the roles and responsibilities of board members;
- List ways board members can become in involved in fundraising.
- Develop a plan to engage board members and recruit new board members.
Whose responsibility is fundraising?
How to evaluate your current board?
What can board members do to help with fundraising?
Board Giving-Is it the three G’s?
Motivating your board
Tue, May 13 2014, 12:00PM
You know storytelling is an important tool in your nonprofit’s fundraising and communication plan. You also know that social media offers a variety of opportunities to connect and communicate with your audience.
So why aren’t we bringing more of our stories to social media?
Join Vanessa Chase from The Storytelling Non-Profit to learn how to tell a great story to your social media audience!
- The 6 must-have elements of a story that resonates with your audience
- How to decide what social media platforms to use
- How to tailor your story for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest
- Tips for the visual design of your story
- How to set and track metrics to improve your storytelling efforts
This is a webinar you won’t want to miss. Register today!
Wed, May 14 2014, 12:00PM
Are you trying to get more sponsorships for your next special event?
Would you like to step inside your sponsor’s head and figure out exactly what they’re thinking and what they want?
Take this webinar and learn more about what your sponsors really want.
- How to get your foot In the door with sponsors (how to meet them)
- How to use your website to make your event attractive to sponsors (with lots of real life examples!)
- What your sponsors are really hungry for
- Phrases your sponsors LOVE to hear
- Learn when to pitch sponsors! (when your sponsors make budget decisions)
- What to bring to your sponsorship meeting
- How to find and show your demographics
- Seven key elements of a good sponsorship proposal
Wed, May 21 2014, 10:00AM
The role of a leader is critical to the success of an organization. We all have the capacity to empower others through our own personal growth and development. Learn more about creating a culture of authenticity and reflection that can contribute to your team’s ability to make a difference
Wed, May 28 2014, 10:00AM
Today’s workforce and organizations are increasingly diverse. Effective non-profits need to be capable of welcoming, including, utilizing and working with diverse people, perspectives, styles, and experiences for overall success and capacity.
This presentation offers practical tools and concepts designed to resolve tensions, utilize strengths, support collaboration, and create more welcoming environments.
- A goal of diversity: community that works together to create a better world and community where everyone is more or less comfortable
- A multi-dimensional model of diversity for all of us
- A diversity survey that can help give your group a better sense of its own diversity issues and potential goals
- How role awareness helps integrate diverse people, views, styles, experiences and “others”
- How role switching enhances understanding, relationships, and reduces polarized conflicts and styles
- How rank awareness helps individuals and groups realize the impact of rank on relationships and communication, for better and worse